Blocked Drains Cleared Fast
Hot Water Plumbing
Pre Purchase Plumbing
Tap Repairs – Leaking Taps Fixed
Toilet Plumbing and Repair
Water Efficiency Certificates and Inspections
Blocked drains are one of the most common plumbing problems you’re likely to deal with. But doesn’t it seem like they always strike at the least convenient possible times? When you’re already short of money or time, when you just need everything to run smoothly, that’s when you’re most likely to experience a blocked drain and all the inconvenience it brings.
Luckily you don’t have to put up with it for long. JH Plumbing are the affordable plumbing professionals saving the Toowoomba region from the frustration that blocked drains cause. Give us a call and we’ll have that drain cleared for you in no time at all. And we’ll do it in an affordable and professional way as well. Give us a try.
Preventing Blocked Drains
Scrape food thoroughly off your plates before rinsing them off in sink
Throw substances that could cause a blockage
Put a plug screen over your shower plughole to stop hair from going down the sink
Don’t put anything down your toilet apart from toilet paper.
How It Works
JH Plumbing are the plumbing experts servicing the beautiful city of Toowoomba. Sometimes calling a plumber is a gamble. You don’t always know if you’re going to get a good one or even if they’re going to show up. That’s why it pays to put your trust in Jh Plumbing. In a close community like Toowoomba, we know that word-of-mouth travels fast and that a good reputation counts for a lot. We want to earn the reputation of being the best plumbing professionals in Toowoomba and always providing a service you can trust.
What causes drain blockage?
The causes of a blocked drain usually depend on where the drain is located in the house. Some examples of this include:
Blocked drains in the kitchen are usually caused by scraps such as food particles that have been washed down the sink and become lodged in your drain.
A blocked drain in the toilet or bathroom is often caused by flushing objects down the toilet that weren’t meant to go there, such as sanitary napkins and paper towels.
Outdoor drain blockages can occur as a result of dead leaves, tree roots and other materials and objects falling down the drain.
How to Preventing Blocked Drains?
You may not be able to prevent blocked drains completely, but there are definitely some steps you can take to make them less likely to occur:
- Scrape food thoroughly off your plates before rinsing them off in the sink.
- Throw substances that could cause a blockage, such as a grease or paper towels, in the bin rather than washing them down the sink or flushing them down the toilet.
- Put a plug screen over your shower plughole to stop hair from going down the sink. If you don’t have one, remove hair and other large objects from the plughole every time you take a shower.
- Don’t put anything down your toilet apart from toilet paper.
How to Deal with Blocked Drains?
There are a few home remedies you can use to try to fix minor cases of blocked drains.
- Drain cleaner. Or, if you prefer to try the chemical-free approach, try an alternative such as boiling water or vinegar and baking soda.
- Plunger. This old favorite takes some muscle and effort but if you can pull it off, it’s an effective way to unblock a drain.
- Drain snake. This simple plastic tool is small enough to be inserted into a drain and has little “teeth” on the sides that can help you dislodge hair.
If all else fails, that’s when you need to call in the professionals. And in Toowoomba, it doesn’t get any more professional than JH Plumbing.
Jh Plumbing – Toowoomba’s Plumbing Professionals
We can unblock all kinds of drains both indoors and outdoors. Whether the problem is your stormwater drainpipe, your shower or your kitchen sink, we’ll remove the obstruction and get the whole thing working as good as new again.
JH Plumbing is at your service and it’s a simple process to get started. Just pick up the phone and call us. Our friendly customer service rep will organize one of our plumbing professionals to come over to your house and do the job in a timely and professional manner that you’re sure to be satisfied with. Our repairs are also covered by the warranty so if anything has gone wrong, we’ll come back and fix it free of charge.